The 33rd Japan Academy awards were revealed on Friday and now the winners will be revealed to you. That’s if you didn’t watched it.
Five prizes were given and out of those five, six awards were given to “Tsurugidake: Ten No Ki”. Are you aching to see the rest of the winners? Are you going to pee in your pants because you’ve been waiting for this for a while. Did you not read this and just went straight to the winners? If you did, you probably didn’t read this. Check the winners out!
- Best Picture: Shizumanu Taiyo (Setsuro Wakamatsu)
- Best Animated Picture: Summer Wars (Mamoru Hosoda)
- Best Director: Daisaku Kimura (Tsurugidake: Ten no Ki)
- Best Screenplay: Miwa Nishikawa (Dear Doctor)
- Best Actor: Ken Watanabe (Shizumanu Taiyo)
- Best Actress: Takako Matsu (Viyon no Tsuma)
- Best Supporting Actor: Teruyuki Kagawa (Tsurugidake: Ten no Ki)
- Best Supporting Actress: Kimiko Yo (Dear Doctor)
- Best Music: Shinichiro Ikebe (Tsurugidake: Ten no Ki)
- Best Cinematography: Daisaku Kimura (Tsurugidake: Ten no Ki)
- Best Lighting Direction: Takayuki Kawabe (Tsurugidake: Ten no Ki)
- Best Art Direction: Yohei Taneda, Kyoko Yauchi (Viyon no Tsuma)
- Best Sound Recording: Kenichi Ishidera (Tsurugidake: Ten no Ki)
- Best Film Editing: Takao Arai (Shizumanu Taiyo)
- Best Foreign Language Film: Gran Torino (Clint Eastwood)
Congrats to the winners!